How Do I?
- Apply for a permit
- Download forms
- Get information on fishing regulations
- Comment on proposed regulations
- Find the latest fishery bulletins
- Find out how fish stocks are doing in the Greater Atlantic Region
- Find information on whales, dolphins and seals
- Find information on sea turtles
- Report a stranded animal
- Learn more about the endangered species consultations
- Find information on essential fish habitat
What's a NOAA Fisheries Port Agent?
"My favorite part of my job is working with fishermen and seafood dealers," said Walt Anoushian, NOAA Fisheries Port Agent Read More . . .
Fewer hypothermic sea turtles reported this year
“Cold-stunned” sea turtle strandings, just a little more than half what was reported last season Read More . . .
Large Part of Disaster Funds to come to Region
Secretary of Commerce announces disaster funding for regions Read More . . .
Next Steps for Electronic Monitoring in Fisheries
Partners discuss feasibility of widespread use of electronic monitoring in New England fisheries Read More . . .
Anglers' Input Helps Shape Regional Action Agenda
NOAA Fisheries releases updated Regional Saltwater Recreational Fisheries Action Agendas laying course for regional recreational fisheries work in 2014/2015. Read More . . .
Greater Atlantic Region Highlights
- Whales & More ...
- Quota Monitoring
- NOAA seeks comment on revisions to Policy for the Assessment of Civil Administrative Penalties and Permit Sanctions
- Greater Atlantic Region fisheries to receive approximately $36 million in disaster relief funds
- NOAA announces final management measures for Squid, Mackerel, Butterfish Fisheries (AM 14)
- NOAA announces transfer of Georges Bank yellowtail flounder quota from scallop to groundfish industry
- Management Measures for 2014 for Atlantic Sea Scallop Fishery
- Final Measures for Atlantic Herring Fishery (AM 5)
- Proposed Measures for Squid, Mackerel, Butterfish fishery
- Whelk Fishery Closure Effective Immediately
- 2014 State Quota for Summer Flounder Fisheries
- Surfclam and Ocean Quahog 2014 Management Measures
- NOAA Fisheries working to improve fisheries data quality
- NOAA announces closure of Trimester 3 Area for GOM Haddock
- New Jersey Summer Flounder Fishery Closed
- Authorized volunteers sought to help with marine mammal strandings
- New Assistant RA in Mid-Atlantic
- Portions of Nantucket Lightship to Reopen
- New Jersey Summer Flounder Fishery Reopened
Get the facts. Learn how NOAA ensures safe, healthy, and sustainable seafood.FishWatch