How Do I?
- Apply for a permit
- Download forms
- Get information on fishing regulations
- Comment on proposed regulations
- Find the latest fishery bulletins
- Find information on whales, dolphins & seals
- Find information on sea turtles
- Report a stranded animal
- Find information on endangered species
- Find information on essential fish habitat
- Get a job with GARFO
Responsible Beach Re-nourishment
Finding sources of sand while protecting habitat for fish and other marine life Read More . . .
Strategic Effort to Conserve River Herring
Experts gathered and funding announced to support river herring conservation Read More . . .
Expert talks about disentangling whales
Listen to podcast with NOAA Fisheries Atlantic Large Whale Disentanglement Coordinator Jamison Smith Read More . . .
Climate Change: Will NE See More Floods?
Restoration Center scientist Mathias Collins talks to Huff Post about paper he co-authored Read More . . .
Fifty-three Sea Turtles Return to Sea
Rehabilitation complete for hypothermic sea turtles; National Aquarium sends kemp's ridley sea turtle "Mustang" home Read More . . .
Greater Atlantic Region Highlights
- Whales & More ...
- Quota Monitoring
- Media Advisory: Come See the Fish
- Join Us for Dedication Event During River Herring Run Festival
- Townhall on Gaps in Stranding Network Coverage
- NOAA Fisheries Needs Community Help in Reporting Stranded and Injured Marine Mammals
- Seal Pupping Season is Underway: Watch Out for Seals on the Shoreline
- Change to the Regulations for Electing Area 2 and Outer Cape Area, and a Trap Transfer Program in the American Lobster Fishery.
- Proposal to establish a control date in skate fishery
- Proposed quotas for summer flounder, scup and black sea bass 2014-2015
- Greater Atlantic Region expected to receive nearly $5.6 million in federal funds for research to benefit the U.S. fishing industry
- Butterfish Trip Limit Adjusted in Squid Fishery
- NOAA seeks comment on revisions to Policy for the Assessment of Civil Administrative Penalties and Permit Sanctions
- Greater Atlantic Region fisheries to receive approximately $36 million in disaster relief funds
- NOAA announces final management measures for Squid, Mackerel, Butterfish Fisheries (AM 14)
- NOAA announces transfer of Georges Bank yellowtail flounder quota from scallop to groundfish industry
- Management Measures for 2014 for Atlantic Sea Scallop Fishery
- Final Measures for Atlantic Herring Fishery (AM 5)
- Proposed Measures for Squid, Mackerel, Butterfish fishery
Get the facts. Learn how NOAA ensures safe, healthy, and sustainable seafood.FishWatch