How Do I?
- Apply for a permit
- Download forms
- Get information on fishing regulations
- Comment on proposed regulations
- Find the latest fishery bulletins
- Find out how fish stocks are doing in the NE Region
- Find information on whales, dolphins and seals
- Find information on sea turtles
- Report a stranded animal
- Learn more about the endangered species consultations
- Find information on essential fish habitat
Regional Administrator Shares View on Fisheries
On November 20, an op-ed by John Bullard ran in Gloucester Daily Times. Read More . . .
Where the Endangered Species Are...
A new mapping tool to help federal agencies and others see where proposed projects may overlap with ESA-listed species Read More . . .
Why care about coastal wetland loss?
NOAA co-authored report shows a net wetland loss of 111,960 acres along Atlantic coast. Read More . . .
NOAA Fisheries hosted a seminar by SBA and USDA on grant and assistance programs Read More . . .
Good News for Right Whales
NOAA Fisheries eliminates "sunset clause" for right whale protections limiting vessel speed Read More . . .
Northeast Region Highlights
- Whales & More ...
- Quota Monitoring
- New Jersey Summer Flounder Fishery Reopened
- Virginia Summer Flounder Fishery Closure
- New Jersey Summer Flounder Fishery Closed
- 2014 Quota Adjustments for Atlantic Herring Fishery
- Press Briefing on Status and Trends of Coastal Wetlands
- NOAA Fisheries Seeks Additional Stranding Network Members
- NOAA Fisheries sponsors free presentation by U.S. Small Business Administration and the U.S. Department of Agriculture on December 2
- Standardized Bycatch Reporting Methodology Proposed
- Public Comments Sought on Final Interim Conservation Measures for Atlantic Sturgeon
- NOAA announces regulations to protect marine mammals during Navy training and testing in Atlantic and Gulf of Mexico
- NOAA Announces Partial Approval of Amendment 14 to the Atlantic Mackerel, Squid, and Butterfish Fishery Management Plan
- Proposed Surfclam and Ocean Quahog Quotas for 2014-16
- NOAA adjusts some groundfish trip limits for 2013
- NOAA: 2012 U.S. seafood landings remain near high 2011 levels
- NOAA announces extension of groundfish management measures
- 2014 Quotas set for Tilefish
- Extension of Monkfish Fishing Opportunities in Northern Management Area
- All Fishing Vessels Authorized to Go Paperless
- Restoration Funding Available for ME, MA, MD, VA
- Herring Fishery Management Area 3 to Close on October 24
- Temporary Removal of Atlantic Herring Trip Limit in Area 2
- Increased Catch Limits for Atlantic Herring Fishery
- Lower Harbor Porpoise Catches Allow New Management Approach that Relieves Gillnet Fishermen from Closures
- NOAA Announces New York Summer Flounder Fishery Closure
- Draft Standardized Bycatch Reporting Methodology Omnibus Amendment
- NOAA announces proposed measures to implement adjustments to recreational fishery accountability measures for five Mid-Atlantic fisheries
- Grant and Assistance Programs for Fishing and Shore Side Support Businesses
- NOAA Announces Prescott Grants for 2013
Get the facts. Learn how NOAA ensures safe, healthy, and sustainable seafood.FishWatch