How Do I?
- Apply for a permit
- Download forms
- Get information on fishing regulations
- Comment on proposed regulations
- Find the latest fishery bulletins
- Find out how fish stocks are doing in the NE Region
- Find information on whales, dolphins and seals
- Find information on sea turtles
- Report a stranded animal
- Learn more about the endangered species consultations
- Find information on essential fish habitat
Natural Disasters and Stewardship
The long road to recovery after Super Storm Sandy. NY's Cedar Beach before the storm and... Read More . . .
Milestone for Whale SENSE
Whale SENSE Program enters 5th Year, having reached estimated 1 million people Read More . . .
Students' Art Features Endangered Species
Part of 40th Anniversary Celebration for Endangered Species Act -- Sneak Peak at Winners of Student Art Contest. Read More . . .
After 22 Years: Access Restored for Alewife
Partners celebrate safe passage of Alewife on St. Croix. Event planned for June 5. Read More . . .
Working Together to Bring Back "Siqonomeq"
Ongoing effort among federal agencies, tribal nations, environmentalists, fishermen, state legislators and others may potentially bring back largest alewife run in Maine Read More . . .
Northeast Region Highlights
- Whales & More ...
- Quota Monitoring
- Draft FMP Biological Opinion for Atlantic sturgeon
- Fishery Management Action Team Meeting Notice on Standardized Bycatch Reporting Methodology
- An Open Letter to Federal Fishery Permit Holders in the Northeast Regarding Observers and At-Sea Monitors
- Control Date for Longfin squid_Butterfish Fishery
- New Management Measures for Atlantic Sea Scallop Fishery
- Bluefish Catch Limits for 2013
- Effective June 1: New Spiny Dogfish Exemption Areas East and West of Cape Cod
- Fishing Partnership Support Services Safety Training on May 17
- Framework 50 and 48 Measures for 2013
- Media Advisory Status of the Stocks 2012
- Approved Sector Operations Plans for 2013
- Final Catch Limits for Spiny Dogfish for 2013-2015
- 2013 Groundfish Measures
- Proposed Recreational Measures for 2013 Summer Flounder, Scup and Black Sea Bass
- John Bullard hosts call with state directors to discuss new information on Atlantic sturgeon and status of biological assessment for 7 Northeast fisheries
- Atlantic Herring Area II Closure Effective 4/7/13
- Quota Increases for Groundfish Stock Topic of Discussion at Upcoming New England Fishery Management Council Meeting New England Fishery Management Council PR
- Summary of white hake assessment now available
- John Bullard's Listening Session Highlights
- Public Comments Sought on Groundfish Plan Framework 50
- Proposed Groundfish Measures for 2013 (FW48)
- Proposed Management Measures for Atlantic Sea Scallop Fishery for 2013
- 2013 Sector Opts Plans
- 2014 Mid-Atlantic RSA Funding Available
- Mid-Atlantic 2013 Research Set-Aside Awards and 2014 Opportunity
- Large Pelagics Research Center Lecture Series to Kick off in April
- Approved Framework 7 to the Atlantic Mackerel, Squid and Butterfish FMP
- NOAA Announces Intent to Cover At-Sea Monitoring Costs in 2013
- Proposed Measures to Increase Monkfish Catch
- NOAA Fisheries at Maine Fishermen's Forum
- Approved dockside and at-sea monitoring providers for 2013
- Trip Limit Adjustments for Common Pool Vessels
Get the facts. Learn how NOAA ensures safe, healthy, and sustainable seafood.FishWatch